Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vacations

I've been on a lot of vacations. Like, seriously, A LOT.
In the USA alone I've been to LAX, San Francisco, a lot of other places in California, Lake Tahoe, Seattle, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hawaii (Maui, Lahaina, Kihie, Honolulu) Alaska, Washington DC, Florida (Orlando, Miami, Everglades), NYC, Maine, Texas, New Mexico.....and more.
I've been to Montreal and Quebec, Banff and Vancouver...that's Canada.
I've been to Cancun, Mexico City, Riveria Maya, and other places in Mexico.
In South America I've been to Brazil. My mom said we might visit the Andes mountains and explore the old Incan civilization a little further east.
Europe... France (Paris!), Germany, Switzerland, Italy (Rome and Venice!), Great Britain (London), and Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), Greece.
Egypt in Africa, and I've also been to Madagascar and a bit of mainland Australia.
But there's one place I've never been.........................
Asia.
My family isn't remotely Asian, and I guess we just never thought about going.
Which, now I think about it, is pretty stupid since a lot of places like India and China are a lot more worth visiting than a kiwi farm in Nebraska. Which, btw, is a pretty boring place to go.

But today.....just like ten minutes ago, when we were eating dinner (totally offtopic but did you know some people eat dinner at four pm? crazy!!!) my mom said that in the 2013 summer I-not we, I- was going to SHANGHAI. CHINA. For a whole entire monthhhhhh.....the exact dates TBD. Just me, all by my little own self. JUST. ME. ALL. ALONE. Well not exactly....my mom's best friend (one of em) is Chinese and she takes her daughter to China every summer. THEN said Chinese mother offered to take me along for the trip and THEN my mother had to go and AGREE.
We'll be staying in an apartment with some relative of that family. Only two people live there-a Chinese girl who is in eighth grade like me and her grandma. (My mom's best friend's daughter is in seventh grade.)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh, Audrey, it'll be such a good experience!" says my mom and I'm like *scornful face* "Yeah right." Mom: Oh, Audrey, stop complaining, I wish I were in your position!" and I'm just like "Great! You can go instead of me!" my mom: "Audrey, really, you should be glad you have this wonderful oppurtunity!" Me: "So when was being shipped halfway across the world all by yourself when you were only 13 a wonderful oppurtunity?"

And I'm not just going there on vacation....ohhhhh nooooooo......
I've been signed up for some diamond authentication class. I don't really know what it's called but they teach you how to tell fake gems from real.
That sounds hard to learn if it's being taught to me in ENGLISH.
But this is a CHINESE class, and I don't know a single word in Chinese except for "ni hao" which I don't know what the characters look like and I can't pronounce it right. Well actually I've never heard it pronounced by a Chinese speaker but I'm pretty much certain I'm not saying it right.

Majorly. Freaking. Out.






5 comments:

  1. Ahahaha...as much as I feel like I should be feeling sorry for you, this just makes me laugh. No offense or anything of the sort. XP Have fun in China.

    And you need to post WRITING. Please? I want to read your writing so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you don't. My writing SUCKS.
      I never have any ideas..........
      And I'm also doing NaNoWriMo, so all my writing motivation is pretty much gone.
      But I'll try.

      Delete
  2. What's your username? Can I add you as a buddy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot my password (which happens all the time XD) so I made a new account so don't be confused if it says I just joined today...
      audreyjones83
      And sure, you can add me as a buddy! Can I add you? It's Nat Snowdrop Petal Fira Seth Anakin, right? or was the Petal and Snowdrop switched?

      Delete
  3. haha wow I've been on tons of trips too :3
    we usually go to Europe though, since I have family in Portugal and we go there to visit them
    I hope you end up having fun in China! Even if it is alone lol

    ReplyDelete