Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cloud-gazing

Just some nonsensical rambling here, about looking at clouds and stuff. So even though it's January, today was a particularly nice afternoon (for me), and so I was outside supposedly reading Fahrenheit 451 for English but not actually doing so. Because I love books and Ray Bradbury is a total genius, but absent-minded me cannot focus on anything when I'm sitting outside and there are beautifully fluffy white clouds in the sky. Also, on the field near my house there were a lot of pine trees that were swaying in the breeze, and their pointy tipes were right on this section of the sky that was this gorgeous azure...so naturally I just couldn't focus.

       While lying on the grass and watching the clouds, which is actually a lot scratchier than it sounds, I noticed this huge blob of a cloud and for a moment I simply couldn't think of anything that the cloud resembled. And if there's anything I won't give up on, it deciding what a cloud looks like. So while I was pondering on that I opened Fahrenheit 451 again and read a page-ish before my mind wandered off again. I looked back up at the sky and the exact same big-blob-cloud was above me, but that time I just knew what it looked like--the front half of a horse. I don't know the exact wording as I'm not a horse expert, but it looked like when a horse is reared up on its hind legs and kicking the air with its front hooves. Now take that horse and just vanish it's hind legs, tail, and behind, and make that horse huge and fluffy and white, then turn it into a cloud and throw it up into the sky. That's what I saw.
       As usual, I began cooking up the beginnings of a story in the back of my mind about the cloud-horse, imagining it galloping at full speed across the glorious blue sky, racing towards the sunset. Huh...racing towards the sunset. To me it sounds kind of poetic, but then, that's me. And then the wind picked up so I decided to go back inside, and right before I was going to enter the house I turned back to see the magnificent cloud steed, but it had drifted so far away that I could hardly discern it from the other clouds. To flighty, flibbertigibbet me, it seemed like the cloud-horse had galloped over there. And this sounds a lot dumber than it did when I was thinking about it. Oh well.

In completely unrelated topics, did you know that the plural of cow was kine? Kine. Kine. K-i-n-e. I didn't believe it until I searched it on Google and Yahoo and Bing just to verify. Kine. Crazy, right?
Also...my wheatgrass are almost matured so I can juice them, which I'm super excited about.
And...this morning I made my very first omelette ever! Well, actually before I made an omelette-type thing where I would scramble eggs with cheese, cut-up bacon, and cubed potatoes, but then it wasn't actually folded egg. Folded egg...it still sounds funny. Anyway, my omelette looked disgusting and tasted delicious.

Not much else to report, except for the fact that I changed my background to this cheery teal-and-pink thing that I personally like the color of but I don't expect that I'll keep it up very long. It just feels off, even if it is pretty.

--Audrey

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was amazing! So poetic! I love your entry. :D I could imagine what you were saying. I don't blame you for being distracted by such beauty around you. You have a terrific imagination and storytelling.

    I see what you mean about not feeling it (your blog background). I've had my shares of that feeling too before.

    I got the three books I ordered from Amazon the other day of the memoirs of Beverly Cleary, but I'm not going to read them yet because I still have 3 books ahead to be read. I can't wait to read your review. I'm so excited! :D

    Thanks so much for adding my link to your blog and to my button. I'm truly grateful! :)

    Enjoy your beautiful day! :D

    ReplyDelete