Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Representing Harry Potter in 10 Measly Pictures

So for my Computer Technology class at school, we have to do a little movie/slideshow thing using iMovie consisting of 10 pictures that have to do with an appropriate topic. The second my teacher told us we could come up to him and suggest a topic for approval, I darted to his desk and chose Harry Potter.

I didn't think choosing my photos would be too hard--seven pictures, one representing each book, and then three others that just had to do with Harry Potter. Here are the seven that represented the books that I chose: (and sorry for the weird formatting, I couldn't quite get the pictures to do what I intended)



 (this is the Order of the Phoenix)




And then here are the other three that I chose:




And then I was like, Oh, no! I forgot Dumbledore! So I replaced the Hogwarts crest with this:


And then I was like, Oh, no! I forgot Voldemort! But I couldn't decide which picture to replace because:
--I couldn't replace one of the book-representation pictures, it would be too weird if I had pictures for only six of the books and just excluded one
--I wanted to keep a picture of the great Albus Dumbledore
--I wanted one picture to depict Hogwarts
--I wanted one picture to feature simply Harry, Ron, and Hermione

So I came up with an idea...I replaced my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows picture with this one:


I was feeling pretty pleased, too, until I realized these problems:
--I didn't have anything whatsoever for Mad-Eye Moody. How could I have forgotten Mad-Eye Moddy?!
--There was no Draco Malfoy. Harry Potter wouldn't be Harry Potter without Draco Malfoy.
--Nothing representing Horcruxes or Death Eaters
--No pictures for the Aurors--namely, no Remus Lupin or Tonks
--I didn't have Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sorry, but that lady just cracks me up.
--Luna Lovegood was only in one picture, in the background, and as she is one of my favorite characters, I just couldn't stand that.
--Neville Longbottom received the same treatment as Luna; only in one picture. And I've always liked Neville.
And perhaps worst of all--
NO GINNY WEASLEY. Actually, she was in the Order of the Phoenix picture, but that couldn't possibly be my only representation of her!

Sorry, I know this post wasn't the most interesting one.
Sooo....if you could represent Harry Potter (or any topic, really) in ten pictures, what would they be?

--Audrey


 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Harry Potter! I would represent Neville with pictures of toads, sweater vests, and broken arms. Yup, we all love Neville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I love Harry Potter too!!!!

      Toads, sweater vests, and broken arms--all very good representations of Neville! I'll have to tinker around and see if I can make a Neville-collage. :)

      Delete
  2. HARRRRRRRRRY POTTTTTERRRRR! (that was my jubilated scream of happiness) Love those books so much!

    Hmm...it's really hard to describe the pictures I'd use. Tell you what. I'll make a post out of it. (: I'll let you know as soon as it's up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad my mention of Harry Potter could cause a bit of jubilation into your day. And I love the books too :)

      Wow, I wasn't expecting anyone to make a post out of it! Thank you! I'll be sure to read that post :)

      Delete