Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Mother-Daughter Book Club

There's a series of books called the Mother-Daughter Book Club series, and the first book is...The Mother-Daughter Book Club! I've actually read this book before, but I figure rereads count too for my Book Review Blog Challenge, soooo.....

Here is the cover...you know, I really don't know how to review this book. Out of five stars, five stars being the best and one star being the worst, I would say this book is four and a half stars. I love this series. There are all different types of girls--fashionable, stylish, popular Megan Wong; animal-loving, genius, awesome singer Jessica (Jess) Delaney; smart, kind, bookworm Emma Hawthorne; and athletic, brave, sassy Cassidy Sloane. The author, Heather Vogel Frederick, alternates every chapter so you can read the thoughts and experiences from the point of view of each character. There's lots of drama, I guess...mean students and fashion magazine editors and supermodel mothers and one fabulous mother-daughter book club. The only reason why I knocked off half a star is because a few lines here and there in the book made me kind of mad...I don't want to spoil anything, but I don't think this really spoils anything so...Jess Delaney lives on a farm, and a snooty woman named Mrs. Chadwick made fun of it, calling it a "ramshackle farm." Then Mr. Delaney said that (not a direct quote) the farm was around since the Revolutionary War and Paul Revere himself took shelter there while Mrs. Chadwick's ancestors were "busy turning traitor," because Mrs. Chadwick's in-laws were on the British side. It kind of made me mad because they were insulting Mrs. Chadwick based on her heritage, which obviously isn't fair. But the book is really good...interesting...as I said, I'm not good at reviewing books. Which is part of the reason why I'm even doing this, because I read a ton and I'll be able to practice writing reviews.


In other news....well, there is no other news. I just finished planting three trays of wheatgrass, which took awhile, but I like how wheatgrass grows so fast, and I'm using our wheatgrass juicer to, you know, juice the wheatgrass once they've grown. It's supposed to cleanse your blood or something like that...


--Audrey

6 comments:

  1. I have that book too! Cool! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Audrey. nice to meet you.

    I'm kind of thinking of getting the books, memoirs, of Beverly Cleary. Have you read them? Are they good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of her memoirs, My Own Two Feet and A Girl From Yamhill, but I haven't read either one. I have read a lot of Beverly Cleary's books, though, so I think I'll try them! :) And if I happen to finish them before you buy them, I'll make sure to tell you whether they're good =)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Could you please? :) I ordered them but I wont be able to get them until next week.

      Cool, are you a fan too? I love her Ramona series! :D

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post! I love reading but lately i have been into other stuff but it wasn't nice that when i started searching for "book clubs", they were all so boring! Yours is the first one i like! missversatality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MDBC?! EEEEEE! I love that series so much! Have you read the others in the series? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love that series too =D I've read the first five but I haven't read Wish You Were Eyre yet, haha, I'm kind of waiting to see if a paperback will come out because those are way cheaper than hardcovers XP
      Have you read the whole series?

      Delete