Friday, May 17, 2013

This or That?

I don't usually like playing 'this or that' games, simply because I find them a bit silly. Especially the ones that have you choose between things that I don't even think exist, like asparagus-flavored ice cream. (I would be astonished if this did exist. I can't imagine the taste of asparagus and perhaps a normal, vanilla ice cream mixing together). But I still like doing tags, and I have nothing to post about. I found this tag on July's blog So....



Make-up
(before I start this, I pretty much never wear makeup, so expect very lame answers)
Blush or Bronzer? Uhhhhhhh, maybe bronzer? Because it just sounds cooler, and most blushes make me sneeze uncontrollably.
Lip gloss or Lipstick? Well, I hate the feeling of anything on my lips...it just feels so...weird. I can't focus on anything else. But I do have to wear lipstick for gymnastics meets sometimes, so I guess I'll go with that.
Liner or Mascara? I personally have an awful fear of stabbing myself in the eye when applying any sort of eye product, but I do know how to put on mascara, unlike eyeliner. So. Mascara, then.
Foundation or Concealer? Eh, I have like never worn foundation. Ever. Even though I do have some. I'll go with concealer, because it can come in handy, occasionally.
Neutral Eyeshadow or Colour? I don't see the point of wearing a neutral eyeshadow...I mean, then no one can see it, right? So color. By the process of elimination.
Pressed or Loose Eyeshadow? I don't know what the difference is. And I frankly am way too lazy to look it up.

Nails and Body
OPI or China Glaze? Hmm...OPI, I suppose. I occasionally paint my nails with this brand. I don't know about China Glaze...
Long or Short Nails? Well, I keep my nails pretty short...I find it a lot easier to do gymnastics with short nails. But I think long nails are prettier.
Acrylic or Natural? Ehhh, I don't know what this means either, and I'm not gonna look it up. I'll say natural, because it just sounds better.
Brights or Darks? Bright nail polish is more noticeable. So, bright, I guess! But if you wear a lot of bright clothing, it might be better to wear darker nail polish.
Flower or No Flower? I like flowers...but painting little flowers on fingernails takes away the beauty of real flowers. So no flowers.
Perfume or Body Splash? My school doesn't allow perfume (I have no idea why) so all the girls just use body splash/body spray. Which in my opinion usually smells better because they have some sort of flowery or vanilla scent, which I like. So body splash.
Lotion or Body Butter? I don't use body butter. Never have. Probably never will. But I still think lotion is better, because my hands and feet have extremely dry, cracked skin because of the chalk I use for gymnastics, and lotion really helps. And my dry skin from swimming also requires lotion.
Body Wash or Soap? Body wash...I love the Dove brand. They have these very yummy-smelling body washes, with things like nectarine and sakura blossom and plum and jasmine... And I always drop the bars of soap.
Lush or other bath company? Um. I don't even know what Lush is. But I like Dove, they have great body washes. And Pantene has good shampoos and conditioners.

Fashion
Jeans or Sweatpants? Definitely jeans. I always wear jeans to school. Or jean shorts. I don't wear sweatpants that often, but I do wear yoga pants over my leotard.
Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve? Short sleeves. Even if it's winter, cause then I'll just wear a jacket over. I love tee shirts...
Dresses or Skirts? I only like sundresses...I despise any formal dress. I don't really wear skirts, since I wear jeans so often...
Stripes or Plaid? Stripes. Especially wider stripes. Plaid looks really weird on camera.
Flip Flops or Sandals? Oh, my. This is a rather hard one. I wear very cheap flip-flops to swim practice, and I also have nicer ones that I like to wear if it isn't too cold. But then I also have a lot of strappy sandals, that I all love. Since sandals are also more durable, I have to go with those....
Scarves or Hats? Mmm, scarves. They come in so many pretty colors and prints and shapes and sizes, and there are a lot of different ways to wear them. As for hats, I always feel quite weird while wearing one.
Studs or Dangly Earrings? Dangly earrings are very pretty, but I like studs better. I'm allowed to wear studs to gymnastics practice, and I have a lot of pretty birthstone studs (I have several pairs of birthstone studs that aren't actually my birthstone, just cause they're so pretty).
Heels or Flats? I don't own anything with a very substantial heel...I don't think I own anything that even has any trace of a heel at all. So, flats.
Cowboy Boots or Riding Boots? Er, I don't own either. But cowboy boots do look nice.
Jacket or Hoodie? I really like Aeropostale hoodies. But in general I think I wear jackets more often.
Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe? I don't shop regularly at either, but I own like three articles of clothing from Forever 21. So, I suppose I have to go with XXI Forever!
Abercrombie or Hollister? I know these two stores are very similar to Aeropostale, but I don't really go to either of them that often. I suppose Hollister, I do own a few pairs of their jeans.

Hair
Curly or Straight? I think hair looks better if it isn't completely stick straight. But very springy corkscrew curls must be very hard to manage. Just a few waves, I guess.
Bun or Ponytail? Oh, dear, another hard one. My hair is pretty long, which means there are a ton of different buns that I can wear my hair in. So I have to go with buns. (but I do wear ponytails quite often too).
Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips? Ooh, easiest one so far! Definitely bobby pins. I couldn't live without bobby pins. Everything--my buns, my braids, my hair twists...I use bobby pins! Love them.
Hair Spray or Gel? Ah, hair spray. I don't use either liberally. But in order to secure my more complicated hairstyles, I use a quick spritz of hair spray. It also adds some shine.
Long or Short? Long. My hair is long. It takes a bit more managing, but you can do so much more with long hair...
Light or Dark? Dark. No, light. I don't really know.... My hair I guess is classified on the lighter end of the spectrum. Both can be really pretty.
Side Sweep or Full Bangs? I would definitely choose side sweep. I have a sort-of side sweep. I've never really liked full bangs...
Up or Down? Well, I've been going off and on about various braids and buns, so they only reasonable answer would be up. But just leaving hair loose and down is also very nice.

Random
Rain or shine? I do prefer a nice sunny day over rain. But rain is also great weather. It smells nice, and the sound is quite calming.
Summer or Winter? Oh no. Another hard one. I love winter so I can ski, but summer has no school and it's gymnastics competition season. Mmm, summer. I love gymnastics.
Spring or Fall? Spring. I have allergies, but I don't care, because I can grow so many flowers and vegetables and it's so nice, to see the world kind of be reborn.
Chocolate or Vanilla? I like chocolate better. Dark chocolate. Yum....
East Coast or West Coast? Both. Both, both, both! NYC is one of my favorite cities in the whole country, but I also love San Francisco and LA on the west.

So, that's my tag! If you feel like doing this or just need a post, you are hereby tagged!

Have a super sparkly day!

--Audrey






5 comments:

  1. Wow...I have no idea what half of those things are. I'm the total polar opposite of a fashion person and I don't know what bronzer, foundation, concealer, pressed/loose eyeshadow, OPI, china glaze, body butter, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, and Hollister are. Actually, I might have heard of Forever 21 and Hollister, but I don't think I've ever shopped and either of them. Ack...I think I might need to do some research of makeup/fashion things.

    --Kiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Kiki, I don't use any of the makeup stuff regularly but I know what it is because sometimes for gymnastics competitions I need makeup.

      Really, you haven't heard of Hollister? I've seen them at like every mall I go to xD but maybe we just live in different areas!

      Well, if you do decide to do some research, tell me what you learned! I'm just as clueless ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the slick straight hair look too. how I wish I had that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, sleek, straight hair is also very pretty. Sigh...I really wish I was better with hair, but my braids and things are just not that neat. Is your hair curly or straight?

      Delete
    2. Same here. I have curly hair but since my hair is long, it looks wavy.

      Delete