Saturday, February 2, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Well, I was over at Seana's blog, The Totally Insane Writer, and she was nominating every person reading a certain sentence on that post for the Liebster Award, and as I had read that sentence, well, I thought I should do a post. Thank you Seana, for nominating me and everyone else who read that sentence! Even though this award seems reaallllyyyy long. So. Let's get started, shall we?

Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left.
3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 facts. Seems like a lot about me. I'm not very interesting, so I understand very much if you just skip right over these facts.

Facts
1. I hate fake flowers. Despise them. Even though I do have some pollen allergies. Why would you want cheesy cloth and plastic flowers when you can plant some seeds, take care of them, and watch them grow--watch them come alive!?

2. I have an irrational fear of butterflies. Not spiders. Not cockroaches. Butterflies. Don't ask, because I don't know the answer.

3. Despite the rest of my family being extremely prone to motion sickness, I can walk down the aisle of an airplane in turbulance without feeling the slightest of stomach flutters.

4. Yes, I have walked down an airplance aisle while the plane was in turbulance. I was talking to my dad, who was in a seat quite far from mine, and then suddenly there was turbulance and I had to walk back to my seat.

5. I hate fishing, but I love crabbing. This probably isn't the most accurate fact, as I've only been fishing twice (hated both times) and been crabbing thrice (and loved all three times).

6. Although I'm mad at myself because of it, I aboslutely adore those boots that are lined with soft lamb fur. Even though most brands are crazy expensive and I feel guilty when I where them because I feel like I'm stealing a poor lamb's warmth.

7. I'm useless with computers, absolutely positively useless. Never liked to tinker around with anything...I'm not very creative.

8. My handwriting is really weird. I can't explain it, really. One day, when I stop being useless with computers, I'll scan a page of my handwriting and post it so you can see.

9. I love baking. Pie, cake, brownies, cookies, bread, muffins, whatever! Not very good at baking, but I love it.

10. I enjoy sitting on wooden chairs much, much more than plastic chairs or metal chairs. I don't know why. And while I don't mind a soft, padded chair, wooden chairs are really just more my thing.

11. I've never bothered to learn how to keyboard. My fingering is all over the place, yet a type a nice healthy 78 WPM, last time I checked, so I don't bother using those programs that make you type random letters over and over with proper fingering.

Questions to Answer
1. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
That's a rather eccentric question. I've never known groundhogs to chuck wood, personally, and there are plenty of groundhogs around my area. Well, I guess it depends on a few things:
a) how much wood there was available
b) how old the woodchuck was
c) how strong the woodchuck was
d) whether the woodchuck felt like chucking wood
And probably some more things, too, but I won't list them here.

2. Who do you look up to in the blogger world?
Hmmm...well.
Hilda: Hilda is extremely nice, and she always knows what to say. And she's PUBLISHED!!
Fira Marine: Fira Marine is a brilliant writer. Simply brilliant.
Jessica: Jessica is an amazing writer AND an awesome artist. And she can write poems. I can't.
Seana: Seana is very funny and finds lots of funny and interesting things to post about. She also made her Liebster post interesting, whereas I just can't seem to do that.
July: July is really nice, has an awesome blog, and she just seems so...likable.
There are probably more...

3. If you were on a deserted island, what three people would you want with you?
Cody Lundin, Dave Canterbury, and Bear Grylls. I figure three famous survivalists won't fail to save me. Then again, as I'd be totally useless, they might just abandon me. Hmm.

4. Can you finish this sentence? "Cause you've got that one..."
Er, come again? Cause who's got that one...? I have no idea. But technically I have the ability of finishing that sentence, so long as I just slap some grammatically correct word(s) in there. How about 'book?' I like books.

5. Where would you love to go some day and why?
China. And I am going, this summer. And why? Well, because there's supposed to be lots of haggling there and I love bargaining. Just love it. Also, I love authentic Chinese food. Can't go wrong with those little white buns filled with soup and meat! And gluten balls...love those gluten balls.

6. If someone granted you 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Here are the things I SHOULD wish for:
1. world peace
2. cold fusion achieved
3. cure to cancer
What I WANT to wish for:
1. To be able to enter the worlds inside books
2. To be published
3. To live a happy and successful life
So the question is, wish for the world or wish for myself? Ih...I'll try both:
1. world peace
2. to be able to the enter the worlds inside books
3. cure to cancer

7. Do you consider 7 an unlucky number?
No, and I've never known anyone to consider it an unlucky number. How do numbers affect luck?

8. Do you have a lucky number? If so, what is it?
I don't have one :)

9. What fictional character would you love to hang out with for a day?
Just one???!!! Oh, no. I have to go with Hermione Granger, though.

10. If you casted a patronus charm, would would your patronus be?
Apparently your patronus is an animal that represents your character traits...umm...er...well, I am rather easily startled, so a deer, I suppose?

11. What is your favorite mythical creature?
Oh, dear, this is a hard one...umm...fairies, I guess.

Questions for Nominees
Unfortunately, I don't think I can come up with any interesting questions, but I'll try...
1. Do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?
2. If you could spend a day with just one author, who would you choose?
3. Do you consider ballet a sport?
4. Have you ever risen up early just to see the sunrise?
5. Are you superstitious? If so, can you give an example?
6. Do you prefer logic riddles or trick riddles? (In case this doesn't make sense, a logic riddle is one in which you need to think  up a clever solution, and a trick riddle is one in which there's a seemingly impossible riddle that has a trick to its wording)
7. Why do you think it is that we call people 'weird' or 'annoying?' What constitutes such traits? (Okay, so that was two questions. Sorry.)
8. What is your favorite genre of book?
9. Have you ever cried when watching a movie or reading a book because of what was happening in the movie/book?
10. Do you dreams ever reflect what you're thinking?
11. Have you ever had a song stuck in your head?

My Nominees
1. Fira Marine
2. Jessica
3. Kayla Anne
4. July
5. Hermione
You know, I can't think of any more than that. There are lots of people who have already been nominated...
Oh, well. Have a nice day, everyone!

--Audrey





7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Audrey! However, I've already gotten this award a while ago and I really don't want to do it again.... :P Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and I totally understand XD these awards take forver.

      Delete
  2. Hee hee, I see that my evil plan of whoever read that sentence must do the award worked! (:

    In answer to your question about the "Cause you've got that..." I was quoting a bit of One Direction's song One Thing. So it would be "Cause you've got that one thing!" Alright, I admit that was a bit of an unfair question.

    I don't really know how you would figure out your patronus. I think you basically think about your personality. Are you shy, courageous, witty...etc? Then think of different animals. Rabbits are shy, dogs are courageous, raccoons are witty...etc. So I suppose you just give it a good guess. Or you could try one of those various patronus quizzes that are online, but they're not very accurate. They always ask "What's your favorite animal?" as if that would affect it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your evil plan did work, haha :)

      Oh...I have heard that song before, but not enough for me to make the connection.

      I did try to answer that patronus question, but my answer still isn't very good. I browsed a few patronus quizzes, but none seemed to be that accurate, as you said :)

      Delete
  3. Nice questions! I would be seriously surprised if someone HASN'T had a song stuck in their head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! Yeah, I would be quite surprised if someone hasn't had a song stuck in their head, too. As I usually always have one song or another in my mind, I was just curious to see if others were like me.

      Delete
  4. Aww thank you for mentioning me! You are so sweet! And you are doing a great job with your blog. It's not easy trying to figure out how to decorate it using HTMLs and such.

    I truly enjoyed reading your answers. I love learning about others. :)

    ReplyDelete