Friday, June 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2013

I missed the Tuesday again...but oh well! Here are my top 10 books read so far in 2013! :)
 
 
 
1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I'm a HUGE fan of The Mortal Instruments series by the same author, and Clockwork Angel is the first installment of a companion trilogy. EVEN MORE AMAZING THAN TMI. Wow. I absolutely loved Clockwork Angel! Go read it. Now. Just go. (or, if you haven't read The Mortal Instruments yet, read that first. You don't have to read TMI first, but it's better if you do)

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Do I really need to explain this, people who have read Divergent? Divergent is simply amazing. I stayed up until around 2 AM finishing it. There are books that I say that I "can't put down," but this book. I actually could hardly stand putting it down. I have a Divergent review in the works, but it won't be up for another few weeks at least. Everyone, you must go out and read Divergent. Go. Now. Read.
 
3. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
Yes, this was on my last list of top ten to-read books for 2013! I just finished it a few days ago, and it was fantastic. A wonderful plot that was fast-moving, but didn't leave me confused. Magic, adventure, humor, mystery...really, this book is great! I highly recommend it, and I'll be posting a review soon. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
 
4. Spells and Sleeping Bags by Sarah Mlynowski
The third book in a series of four! This was by far the best out of the first three. It was absolutely hilarious, witty, shocking, and had a terrific ending. If you haven't read the Magic in Manhattan series yet, you should! (only if you're a girl, though). Even though there's magic involved, I can relate a lot to the narrator, and the book is very well written, with foreshadowing, realistic dialogue, humor, suspense...
 
5. Parties and Potions by Sarah Mlynowski
The last book in the Magic in Manhattan series! I still think the 3rd book was the best, but still, this book was amazing. Mlynowski is a fabulous writer...I'm always laughing out loud when I read her books! And as I mentioned above, very realistic dialogue...I can imagine everything that's happening perfectly in my head.

6. Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
This book had to do with mermaids, which I loved, since I am a huge fan of mermaids. There was also lots of conflict, strong emotions, hidden humor, foreshadowing, and a huge surprise in the ending. Overall a good read!

7. Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
Is an explanation really necessary? This book was by Rick Riordan. Enough said.

8. Into the Dream by William Sleator
This book was published a long time ago...1979, I think. It's not exactly a YA or teen fiction book like I usually read, but it's really, really good. It has to do with ESP, dream telepathy...overall a fun read for people of all ages.

9. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
A modern take on Greek mythology. I would definitely recommend people at least in, say, seventh grade to read this book, because there is some mature content and the slightest bit of language. But still, the plot was really interesting, and there was a mystery that added suspense throughout the whole book.

Well, I have read wayyyy more than 9 books this year, but I just can't think of one more book that I really want to include on this list. So, there's my top 9! Right now I'm reading Geek Charming, which was also on last week's list!
Someday soon I'll post about China, but Blogger is being stubborn and I can't upload any pictures. So I might do a pictureless post, or maybe a post about writing.
Any plans for the weekend, anybody? Sound off in the comments! :)

--Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment