Thursday, June 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on my TBR List

 
 
Before anyone points this out, yes, I do know that it isn't Tuesday. But I have a very convoluted to-be-read list, and I thought this would help me to organize it...
And, since I'm trying to post more, this is an automatic post idea every week! Yay! :)
 
So, let's get started. Top 10 books to read over the summer 2013... I'm not going to choose all books that are released this summer, since that would be way too hard. I'm also not going to include any rereads that I'm planning. In no particular order...
 
1. Legend by Marie Lu.
I'm ashamed to say that I have yet to pick this one up. I've read the synopsis, I've read the free online sample, and I'm very interested in this book, but I have not read it yet. Bad Audrey!
 
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Now this one I would have never picked up by myself, since I rather disliked the Twilight series by the same author. (I know, I shouldn't judge authors by one bad book/series, but I tend to do it anyways) But my friend (who was, ahem, supposed to give me a guest post a long time ago) has been constantly nagging me to read it. I watched movie of this book, which I enjoyed, so I'll be picking this one up soon!
 
3. Tempest Unleashed by Tracy Deebs
This is the second book in a trilogy, the sequel to Tempest Rising. I very much enjoyed the first installment, and am excited to read the second book. It's about a girl who must choose between being human or mermaid when she turns 17...I mean, she's already chosen by the end of the first book, but I won't spoil it!

4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
This is another book that I really have been meaning to read, but I always get distracted by other books, schoolwork, or in my case right now, a trip to China! But I just purchased Cinder on my Kindle Fire, so yay! I'm planning to read it once I get some free time. It's about a cyborg living in the future, and is a modern spin on Cinderella, as you probably guessed.

5. ttyl by Lauren Myracle
The first-ever book written entirely in instant messages! Now, Lauren Myracle is one of my favorite authors...I adore her series, The Winnie Years. I picked this up maybe 2 years ago, but there is some, er, mature content (not that bad, though) so I thought I should wait to read it. So now I'm going to! :) The instant messages between 3 sophomore girls.

6. Grace, Gold and Glory: My Leap of Faith by Gabrielle Douglas
This is Gabby Douglas's autobiography. For those of you who don't know, she was on the 2012 US gymnastics women's team. She is the all-around champion and also helped to win America the team gold! She's one of my idols, and I actually already bought her book, but haven't had the time to read it yet. I brought it with me to China!

7. The Selection by Kiera Cass
My friend (same friend who recommended The Host) told me to read this, and I also saw a review of it over at Emma's blog, which peaked my interest. It sounds a lot like The Bachelor to me, and I personally don't really enjoy watching that show, but of course, there are other factors to it (like a nation divided by a wealth caste system) that make it more interesting.

8. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
If you noticed, this is what I am currently reading. I decided to put it on my list anyway, since it was one of my top-priority books. So far it's really, really good!

9. The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman
I've heard mixed opinions on this one. Definitely some, ah, suggestive content and the main character is a teenage mother, which some people may not approve of. The narration is also very unique, according to many reviews I've read. I'm still very interested in reading this, though, because there's definitely been a lot of buzz about it.

10. Geek Charming by Robyn Palmer
Just a fun, fresh, entertaining read. It's about a high school "A-list" girl who is dragged into being the subject of a documentary, which is filmed a "F-list" boy. Disney made a television movie on this, according to my online research, but I haven't watched the movie. Anyway, it's definitely not what I'd expect to be a hugely thought-provoking read like The Dress Lodger or Gabby Douglas's autobiography, but still. Reading should be fun, too!

And there you have it, my Top Ten to-be-read books for the summer 2013! Now, these may not actually be my top 10, but considering they're what came to mind when I considered the topic, I think they're accurate enough. I'll be putting up reviews of these books as I read them! :)

So, it's about 6 AM for me right now! Off to go start another day in China! (I should really stop mentioning China...makes me sound too self-centered).

--Audrey
 

7 comments:

  1. Have fun!! :)

    i saw Geek Charming on the Disney Channel before. it was good but not that good to watch often. But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always have fun when I'm reading! :)

      Oh, okay! Thanks for sharing how the movie was! And I'll post the announcement of your blog very soon!

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome, and thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh yay...books to read! My "to-read" list is literally non-existant right now, and I haven't read most of the book on your list. Which reminds me...I never read City of Bones! I completely, utterly forgot. Sorry!

    On another completely random note, I think I've finally figured out how to comment as "Kiki" instead of an Anonymous commenter who signs her name as Kiki. *crosses fingers* I hope this works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT.
      YOU HAVE A NONEXISTENT TO READ LIST???!!!
      How is that possible? My to-read list is always miles long. And I'm not a slow reader or anything, I always devour books (good books, anyway). Although I do have a tendency to reread, since if you only read a book once, you never get the full effect of it.
      YOU MUST READ CITY OF BONES. And it isn't a horror book, even though it kind of sounds like it. City of Bones is so, so, so, so good!

      xD you just choose "Name/URL" instead of "Anonymous," it isn't very hard! :)

      Delete