Sunday, June 9, 2013

Travels, Birthdays, Illegal Blog Posts

I'm sorry, but this is going to be a really boring post about some things I plan to do over the summer. I posted a very brief list in the last post...here's that...

  • Learn how to write and eat with both hands equally. This could very possibly come in handy someday. I'm naturally right-handed, but I recently realized that I'm not too bad with my left hand either. Ambidextrous! :)
  • Learn how to knit with more than two needles. I can knit with two needles, and I can crochet, but I can't do that awesome thing with three needles that makes a hat. Oh, I also know how to loom knit and finger knit.
  • Study more SAT vocab. Not fun, but my mother will kill me if I don't do well on that test coming up in a few years.
  • Several gymnastics routines, mostly on the balance beam, that I need to nail. :)
  • Read more. Very fun!  My to-read list is about ten miles long.

  • Those are some rather specific things I wanted to learn. I'm also going to CHINA. Eek! I don't really speak Chinese much, unlike my friend Jasmine. Who is supposed to be giving me a guest post soon....hint hint.... I'm going to Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong. I mean, I'll be stopping in more cities too, but those are the big ones. Unfortunately, China blocked Blogspot, so I don't know if I'll be able to post about my three week adventure. But, I know there are lots of website filters that let you access blocked websites in China (at least according to my Chinese godmother). So. Maybe I will be able to post (though, um, illegally). Fingers crossed! Those posts would actually be pretty interesting, wouldn't they? Except I'd have to find photos without me in them because I don't want to post a picture of my face.

    Um. Other things. Gymnastics. I'm going to Detroit later! Yayyyy!!!! And I need to practice gymnastics routines, as aforementioned. I want to go to NYC, which is only one of my favorite cities ever, but I'm not going to. Sigh. On the bright side, maybe I can save the trip to NYC for May of next year for the Book Expo of America!

    MY BIRTHDAY. I FORGOT. (ahem, yes, I kind of forgot my own birthday for a second there). June 11th! Anyone wanna guess how old I'm turning? Winner gets a guest post! :) If you've been a constant reader of my blog, it should be very easy. If more than one person guesses correctly, then they all get guest posts! Guess by next week, the 16th of June!

    I have about ten half-finished book reviews sitting in my post drafts list. Which someday I'll actually complete and publish. Someday. Someday soon. Well, soon-ish, anyway.

    I'm going to participate in the July session of Camp NaNoWriMo! Just because I'm in China doesn't mean I can't write! :)  I also plan to do more editing on the horrendous novel I wrote in April, which you readers (not that I really have many readers) will get to read! Don't expect that anytime soon, though.

    Bye for now!

    --Audrey

    9 comments:

    1. I tried to learn to knit once, with my mom. Let's just say it didn't go so well.
      Wow, China! Yes, there probably websites that will let you post, you just need to find them. Google search?
      Oh, and happy (early) birthday! Are you doing anything? I'm going to guess and say that you're turning...fourteen? I think? Maybe?

      --Kiki

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Knitting is really hard in the beginning. I was AWFUL. I made pretty much every mistake possible. I wanted to give up so badly...but I promised myself that this year I was going to try some new stuff... And eventually I learned how to knit! Now it's a LOT easier, trust me. You should try to learn again! Or, ask your mom if she can teach you crocheting, which is simpler. (well, most people think it's easier...in my personal opinion it's not, but I'm an oddity)

        Mmhmm, there are filters that I think (I hope) I can use.

        Oh, thank you, Kiki! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! And thanks for guessing! :)

        Delete
      2. HAPPY (fourteenth, I think) BIRTHDAY! :) :) :) Hope it's great, you get lots of presents, and that you eat lots of cookies, cake, candy, chocolate.....all of that.
        I took this class once at this shop near me. The half scarf I had finished at the end of about three hours was depressing. My mom, unfortunately, cannot knit, crochet, or anything like that. I better at sewing than her, which is kind of sad, actually.

        --Kiki

        Delete
    2. To China?! OH LUCKY!!

      Hey that is a good idea! To learn to write with your other hand. I'm right-handed too. And I didn't know people can knit with three needles! i learned something new today. Thanks! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know. I am so glad that I can visit a place as far away as China! Except my godmother, who was born and raised in China, says that pickpockets in China are much more likely to steal from foreigners. And, ahem, with my brown-blonde hair and huge green eyes and inability to speak Chinese with the proper accent, I definitely look like a foreigner.

        I've already started my training. Not going well at all. My left hand writing looks worse than a preschooler's first letters.

        And, yeah, you can knit with three needles! You just needle the double-point ones that are sharp at both ends! It's really cool, but looks hard. I haven't started that yet...

        Delete
    3. look what I found. I hope it helps with your writer's block.

      http://samanthagreyshepherd.blogspot.com/2012/07/writers-notebook.html

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, thank you Hilda! You're so nice! :)

        Delete
      2. You are so welcome! So happy to help. :D

        Delete