Monday, July 8, 2013

Synopses of My Writing Works

So about a month ago, I posted about my current writing works, which you can visit here.
And here are the synopses/summaries of them! Now, I'm not sure if any of these works are ones I might want to edit and polish up for possible publishing later in my life... But even so, I'm worried about plagiarism since I have no legal rights over my writing... So these might be a little vague. Sorry about that!


Paper Thin:
All she's ever wanted is to be thin. To be skinny. Just like her sister. Bella's mom is obsessed with her being the valedictorian. Bella's dad is in the hospital with a brain aneurysm. Bella's older sister is going to Harvard, and she doesn't care about her little sister anymore. It seems like Bella can't control anything in her life--except her eating. No one can force her to eat.



Aerial:
Five teenagers. Four events. Balance beam. Uneven bars. Vault. Floor.

Narrated by five aspiring teenagers, Aerial is all about the struggle and intensity that competitive artistic gymnasts endure.



Fade Out:
Paige used to be in total control of her life. She was a successful actress, had happily married parents, an adoring boyfriend, and everything else she could possibly want. One year, one divorce, one move, one breakup, and one hundred snobby wannabe tweens later, Paige's life is falling apart. Her spotlight is fading out.


So, those are my currently-writing pieces! Now for my currently-editing:

Catnlyst:
The title has absolutely nothing to do with the story at all, by the way.
Mayda was an ordinary wizard.
Gemma was an ordinary teenager.
Mayda wants to graduate magic training and become a full-time wizard of the Royal Court.
Gemma wants to graduate high school and major in her passion, journalism.
But fate has other ideas...
Three prophecies. Two girls. One adventure that changes everything.
Water Mermaid 2


A Day in the Life:
Naya Duncan is a competitive all-star cheerleader.
Eric Clarkson is on the school football team.
Naya thinks football is one of the dumbest sports in existence, what with all the shoving and pushing.
Eric thinks cheerleading is a stupid girls' hobby that requires little athletic ability.
But when a nosy fairy-in-training pokes around their lives, Naya and Eric both discover that they were wrong. A day in the life of someone is one thing. But to be stuck in someone's body ...is another.




Now, I do have some other works--dormant works--but I won't do those synopses, since those ideas aren't exactly complete. I might post parts of these stories on my blog...maybe.

--Audrey

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so interesting!! I wanna read the first one! :)

    If you made up the story then you don't have to worry about plagarism. According to Copyright law, as soon as one writes down something it is copyrighted, but there are authors who fill a form and send in their material and check to copyright (legal form) their work. So in case you are sent to court, you have proof with the form they give you that your work is yours. You can learn more by checking out the website http://www.copyright.gov/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I've been considering posting some of Paper Thin, actually. It's still in the editing stage, but I have some excerpts that I think I'll post soon! :)

      Wow, thank you for telling me all of this! I don't think I have the time to fill out a legal form and mail it in and everything, haha, but it is nice to know that I'm protected by Copyright law :)

      Delete
  2. HI AUDREY!!!

    So, Bella and I have finally joined the Blogosphere! www.thechangtwins.blogspot.com

    Be our first follower? pllleeeeaaassseeee

    And tell people about our blog! Please please please please...
    AND HOW WAS CHINA? YOU SHOULD POST ABOUT IT

    ReplyDelete